At Rosewood we are busy growing your employees of the future. We need your help to raise their career aspirations, develop their employability skills and learn more about the exciting industries in the Black Country.
INSPIRE YOUNG MINDS
Being part of our business support network will provide you moments of great satisfaction but striving to make a difference can also be exciting challenge! Having employers like you helping to inspire young minds and transform attitudes through a range of activities and opportunities is the foundation of an excellent careers programme as set out by the Gatsby Foundations eight benchmarks of good practice and the Careers and Enterprise Company.
WAYS TO SUPPORT
- Be part of our ‘mock’ interviews with years 10 and 11 students and thelp them structure their CV’s
- Get involved in extracurricular activities
- Give an inspiring talk based on your industry or job role
- Provide a coaching/mentoring service through a structured programme
- Run a hands-on workshop with activities relating to your area of expertise
- Be part of discussions about pathways after school
- Help champion specific issues and challenge barriers in the workplace around gender stereotyping, disability etc.
- Help bring a subject lesson to life by linking it to your industry
- Offer a work experience placement for students at your business premises
- Become an ambassador supporting employment routes for young with special educational needs and disabilities and offer a work experience placement that is co-supported by the school.
WHAT TO EXPECT
By getting involved not only will you be supporting future workforce development and helping to broaden the minds of the young people but you will also be developing new skills for your staff, forging community links and building a positive profile for your company.
We will support you throughout your visit to us to ensure we maximise the use of your valuable time. Our Careers Leader is Amie Cooper (email@example.com) and they will:
- Be your main point of contact for all enquiries
- Organise pre-meets/discussions/information for activities you sign up to
- Provide you details of local arrangements including parking, facilities and our safeguarding policy.
- Conduct a short evaluation with you to ensure we are getting things right.
- With you permission add you to our network and keep you up to date with future activities.